Date:      Tue, 7 May 2002 19:37:43 -0700
From:      VB <swive@getnet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   floppy install

Hi

I did the boot disk as per the instructions in the FBSD manual.  The command I used was
"dd if=boot.flp of=/dev/rfd0".  The a: drive whisked and whirred for a while and it seemed
like everything was ok. (The purpose of making the disk was to do a floppy install.)  The manual
said that I should reboot to that floppy, and after 5 sec's or so it would boot to the default
install screen.

Well I did all that and I could not get past "boot:".  I tried "single", "kernel" "help" "?" and
so on but nothing happened.

If my cdrom is broken, and I want to install via floppy/ftp, was I following the right directions?
If not, where are the instructions to follow please, or if I missed a step, what was it?

Thank you,

Eric