Date:      Tue, 12 Nov 2002 11:24:33 -0700
From:      "Jamie Hermans" <freebsd@hermans.ca>
To:        <freebsd_mail@myrealbox.com>, "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: AcerNote 370P (373)

> In message: <200211112041070606.C68D1847@smtp.myrealbox.com>
>             "Greg Smith" <freebsd_mail@myrealbox.com> writes:
> : Jamie,
> :
> : >pcic0: <Cirrus logic 6722> at port 0x3e0 iomem 0xd0000 on isa0
> : >pcic0: Polling mode
> : >pccard0: <PC Card bus (classic)> on pcic0
> : >pccard1: <PC Card bus (classic)> on pcic0
> :
> : Can you boot this machine up under Windows?  Machines with CL
> : 6729/30 often require a non-standard port (e.g. 0xfcec or 0xfcfc,
> : depends on the motherboard I guess).  The 6722 might also.  Windows
> : is smarter about dealing with this, and can point you at the right
> : port.
>
> Actually, the 6722 can't be at any other address than 0x3e0 or 0x3e2.
> Since it was detected and printed the polling message, that's not the
> problem.

For what it's worth - I do have Win98 running perfectly fine.  Is there
anything I can gather from there that will help?  (The device manager
has a fairly thorough memory/IRQ/DMA report I can generate.)

I 'googled' somewhere that similar symptoms affected someone else and
it turned out to be an IRQ conflict with video.  I thought I had
eliminated that possibility by specifying a single IRQ at a time in
pccard.conf.

-- Jamie