Date:      Fri, 10 Oct 1997 17:00:08 -0400
From:      Bosco Tsang <bosco@ipoline.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Auto Boot from third hard disk

Hi Doug,

At 03:15 PM 8/18/97 -0400, you wrote:

I have tried a number of ways including using the CVS but still have no
luck in getting my version upgraded. There seems to be compilation error
for the CVS.

>I believe you can just reinstall the boot block by using disklabel's b
>opiton.  You'll have to grab the /usr/mdec directory from 2.2.2 or later,
>though.

I want to try this but can't find the current /usr/mdec in the ftp site of
freebsd. Anywhere I can easily grab the binaries contents? Btw, my mdec
directory have files inside, some of what related to sd. Do I need to
relocate them before installing the current one?

Thanks and regards,
Bosco.

Bosco Tsang
InterPacific Online