Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 2000 08:18:08 -0600
From:      Christopher Uy <cuy@uswest.net>
To:        Chris Johnson <cjohnson@palomine.net>
Cc:        Steve Reid <sreid@sea-to-sky.net>, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Secure pop/imap server?

On Wed, Mar 22, 2000 at 09:09:20AM -0500, Chris Johnson wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 22, 2000 at 01:27:05AM -0800, Steve Reid wrote:
> > I know there are a bunch of POP and IMAP servers available, but I also know
> > that a lot of them have a history of security problems.
> >
> > Is there a POP and/or IMAP server for those of us who are paranoid enough to
> > replace sendmail with qmail/postfix?
>
> If you're going to use qmail, use qmail-pop3d, which comes with the qmail
> distribution.

Using qmail-pop3d also assumes that you're using the Maildir mailbox
format.  If you're switching from sendmail to qmail and haven't
switched mailbox formats, this won't work for you.

- chris
--
Christopher Uy                                 U S WEST Internet Services
Systems Engineer                                     600 Stinson Blvd. 3S

  "My earliest memory of dodgeball is getting hit in the chest so hard,
            my nose started bleeding..."  -- Fellow co-worker