Date:      Thu, 18 Jun 1998 19:33:56 +0200
From:      Berend de Boer <berend@pobox.com>
To:        "'mw@freibergnet.de'" <mw@freibergnet.de>
Cc:        FreeBSD stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Adaptec 2940UW with two cables (50? en 68 bit) doesn't work

On Thursday, June 18, 1998 12:45 PM, Martin Welk [SMTP:mw@freibergnet.de]
wrote:

> If your host adapter is set to do termination automatically, check if you
> have terminated your SCSI bus at both the 68 pin end and the 50 pin end
> correctly. If that is ok, turn of termination in the 2940 BIOS.

I double checked the tapedrive so this one was terminated, but haven't
double checked the harddisk (but it has worked flawlessly for several
months, but in any case).

However, according to the 2940 manual termination should be set to
Automatic or to something like low/high, but not to off. I haven't tried
the off setting, I'll try that when I'm at that site again.

> I have two 2940UW currently working here, one with UW drives only, the
> other one had a SCSI CD-ROM connected to a 50 pin cable some months ago.
> This worked fine.

Thanks, I now know that FreeBSD at least should supports it, so I'll double
check my hardware.

Groetjes,

Berend.