Date:      Tue, 14 Sep 2004 12:07:06 -0400
From:      "Aaron Gibson" <aaron@the-gibsons.org>
To:        "'Ceri Davies'" <ceri@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RE: 2.12 Advanced Installation Guide (Headless Install)

Ceri-

=20

I obtained the advice to set /boot/loader -h in the boot.config file =
from
the below URL:

=20

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install-advance=
d.h
tml

=20

Note that after further investigation I found my problem to be a =
incorrect
setting in the BIOS.  I was successful in creating a headless system
(actually 2) with the initial command.

If you would like I can send you a description of the exact process that =
had to go through on each box to get it to work.  One system was the 5.1
release the other was the 4.10 release.

=20

=20

Your response and help is greatly appreciated.

=20

Thanks

Aaron

=20