Date:      Thu, 23 Nov 2000 19:36:52 +0100
From:      Gerhard Sittig <Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: lint

On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 19:44 -1000, Arthur W. Neilson III wrote:

> I'm looking for lint libraries on my 4.2-RELEASE system.
> /usr/libdata/lint appears to be empty.  How do I generate the
> *.ln libraries or does no one use lint anymore?

Some people will tell you that lint is obsoleted by compiling
with tough compiler settings (not just -Wall, but -pedantic and
friends too).

But admittedly I do write / wrote code so that it passes such
compiler runs without errors and warnings (as much as possible,
one can hardly correct something like system header files
easily), I never used lint before.  So I could be absolutely
wrong.  It's just a hint.  And of course it depends on what you
want to achieve.

virtually yours   82D1 9B9C 01DC 4FB4 D7B4  61BE 3F49 4F77 72DE DA76
Gerhard Sittig   true | mail -s "get gpg key" Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net