Date:      Sat, 7 Dec 2002 16:39:27 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@HiWAAY.net>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Calling people names

On Saturday 07 December 2002 04:12 pm, Cliff Sarginson wrote:

> No, not Billy Boy...
> I will give you a clue, it has a relationship by name to an unrelated
> enterprise once owned by the Beatles :)

Its Apple Computer. Link to Beatles is via their Apple recording label.

I don't believe Apple was "saved" by a mere $150 million investment by
Microsoft. Apple keeps a lot more cash on hand than that. The MS
investment bought Apple stock for cheap. Most importantly it said to
the industry and Wall Street that MS took Apple seriously.

Clearly it was cheaper for MS to invest in Apple than to innovate for
themselves.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net