Date:      Sat, 29 Jan 2000 00:05:41 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        "F. Heinrichmeyer" <fritz.heinrichmeyer@fernuni-hagen.de>
Cc:        "freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ASDM and linux emulation?

On Thu, 27 Jan 2000, F. Heinrichmeyer wrote:

> I would like to use an ASDM (backup software) with linux-emulation. I
> get
> the following in /var/log/messages:
>
> es-i2 /kernel: linux: syscall setresuid is obsoleted\
>  or not implemented (pid=41052)
> Jan 27 13:12:42 es-i2 /kernel: pid 41052 (dsm), \
> uid 0: exited on signal 11 (core dumped)

What FreeBSD is this?  I've run the v3 client under linux mode without bad
syscalls (just that silly pathmunging stuff that I need to renew the fight
over).

I have a hacked linux.ko that lets dsmc backup what you think it will back
up, but the SCO version is a better fit.  I should try it on my
workstation.

dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu     |  www.FreeBSD.org