Date:      Wed, 15 May 2002 21:39:05 +0200
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@online.fr>
To:        Brad Knowles <brad.knowles@skynet.be>
Cc:        anderson@centtech.com, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: internal hosts in email

Brad Knowles said on May 15, 2002 at 21:17:09:
> 	The only sendmail way to solve this problem (so far as I know) is
> to have a modified sendmail binary that is configured to strip all
> "Received:" headers (i.e., go hack the source code), and to use that
> on the inside of your mail firewall.  Make sure to use the "real"
> sendmail binary on the outside.

I know next-to-nothing about sendmail, but there is a
confRECEIVED_HEADER listed in the README file cited by Terry.  One
could set that to a blank on all machines on the "inside" of the
firewall?  But again, if Eric is talking about the same mail setup
he's mailing from on this list, he's behind a NAT firewall and his
internal hosts have "reserved range" IP addresses, so the whole
discussion is rather pointless.

- Rahul