Date:      Thu, 14 Sep 2000 10:04:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>, security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: potential security exposure in GNOME/ORBit?

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, Ade Lovett wrote:

> Please review the following patch.. I'll commit later today unless
> I hear screams of anguish otherwise (note that there is no etc/orbitrc
> installed by default, hence the initial overwriting).

+
+post-install:
+       @${ECHO} "ORBIIOPIPv4=0" > ${PREFIX}/etc/orbitrc
+       @${ECHO} "ORBIIOPIPv6=0" >> ${PREFIX}/etc/orbitrc

Hmm. Doing it this way will spam any local configuration changes someone
may make after installation when they upgrade to a new version..are there
any other settings it is likely people may want to set in the orbitrc
file?

What may be better is to make those settings the default policy, and then
install an orbitrc.sample showing how to override them and only remove
that file, not orbitrc.

Kris