Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 2002 18:02:43 -0500
From:      Nicholas Basila <mlists@northglobe.com>
To:        darklogik@pittgoth.com, Brian Reichert <reichert@numachi.com>
Cc:        Arvinn =?iso-8859-1?Q?L=F8kkebakken?= <arvinn@rns.no>, rwatson@FreeBSD.ORG, security-officer@FreeBSD.ORG, "'Bruce A. Mah'" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD-security@FreeBSD.ORG, doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sftp for windows clients

At 04:25 PM 3/11/2002 -0500, Tom Rhodes wrote:
> >Brian Reichert wrote:
>

>Without really testing, will it interact with sftp-server(8)?

I can't imagine that it would work. Here:
http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~smcpeak/SafeTP/compare.html

They say:
The security negotiation is similar to the one used by ssh and SSL
I don't think "similar" will work with ssh.

         I seriously doubt they'd run their piece of the server on port 22
which is reserved for ssh. Sftp clients connect to port 22 and talk to the
ssh server which, I believe, invokes the sftp-server.