Date:      Sun, 3 Sep 2000 15:16:27 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Greg Scott <gscott@asimware.com>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DPT SmartRAID V, VI, Adaptec SCSI RAID driver committed

> I've just committed a driver for the abovementioned RAID adapter families
> provided by DPT/Adaptec and the long-suffering Mark Salyzyn.  The driver
> will be maintained by Adaptec, with a little help from yours truly if
> really necessary.

Think there might be any chance of getting i2o support in something > 3.2
of FreeBSD?

> With any luck, we should see the complete set of management tools
> available from Adaptec shortly to complement this driver, and I'll be
> backporting to -stable once I'm certain I haven't broken anything with
> this commit, since the driver's already had a long shakedown period.

I would kill for some management tools for my Adaptec 3200S (which just
replaced the DPT 1564 we had)

Closed on Monday September 4th for the Labour Day Holiday.
--
Greg Scott                   |       Asimware Innovations Inc.
Network Administrator        |       600 Upper Wellington St, Unit #D