Date:      Mon, 2 Jan 2006 03:46:02 +0100
From:      "Frank J. Beckmann" <frank@barda.agala.net>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ffmpeg doesn't record sound from WinTV.

Moin,

am Freitag, 30. Dezember 2005 05:24 schrieb Jacob Meuser:
> > moTV, XawTV and fxtv are able to record sound, ffmpeg and nupplevideo a=
re
> > not. ffmpeg records sound from outher devices. So I guess that it doesn=
't
> > tell the
>
>                                           =20
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> > TV card to send the audio stream to it's line out. ffmpeg has the only
> > really
>
>   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> no, bktr(4) always does that.  it is only possible to select the inputs.
> all outputs are enabled when the tuner is unmuted (which happens by defau=
lt
> when the tuner is open()'d).
>
> do you hear audio when you run the above ffmpeg command?  if so, then the
> problem is solely with the audio grabbing, not bktr.  make sure your mixer
> is set right.  ffmpeg doesn't set the mixer, while the programs that work
> for you all do set the mixer, IIRC.

I don't hear sound when I use ffmpeg. I hear sound if I use moTV (or one of=
=20
the other above mantioned programs).

The mixer settings are always the same:

Mixer vol      is currently set to  78:78
Mixer pcm      is currently set to  88:88
Mixer speaker  is currently set to  88:88
Mixer line     is currently set to  82:82
Mixer mic      is currently set to  92:92
Mixer cd       is currently set to  90:90
Mixer rec      is currently set to  81:81
Mixer ogain    is currently set to  78:78
Mixer line1    is currently set to  90:90
Mixer phin     is currently set to  90:90
Mixer phout    is currently set to  84:84
Recording source: line

Now I disconnected the audio output of the tv card from the input of the so=
und=20
card and plugged the output of hifi cd player there instead. Now ffmpeg=20
records sound (not from tv ofcourse but from the cd player). That tells me=
=20
that the mix=E9r settings are ok but the tv card does not send sound then I=
 use=20
ffmpeg (or nuppelvideo).
=2D-=20
Bye