Date:      Wed, 17 Nov 2004 08:30:55 -0600
From:      Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
To:        H <h@matik.com.br>
Cc:        lioux@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FBSD edonkey-gui-gtk-port

H wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 November 2004 10:10, Peter Pentchev wrote:
>
> Thank you for your answer.
> You answered in name of ?
>
> I like to add only to shorts here:
>
> Any responsible person should be interested in anythink what could deal with
> the name of product or services he represent.
>
> The issue is not running as root or any advice about not to do so.
>
> The issue is the word NOOB.
>
> A decent advice as "Please do not run as root" and if you really want to add
> "--as-root" to the command line would be perfectly correct and do not offend
> anybody and states the good education and respect of the responsibles.

What we are trying to say, is that isn't part of the FreeBSD software in
any way - it is part of the edonkey software.  If you downloaded the
source, and built it on ANY OS, it would have the same option.  You
should send your comments to the owners/programmers of edonkey.  Once
they change their source code, those changes will then be apparant (at
some point) in the FreeBSD ports collection.

Eric

Eric Anderson     Sr. Systems Administrator    Centaur Technology
Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.