Date:      Mon, 30 Jul 2001 07:38:47 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <dev-null@NUXI.com>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org, Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Subject:   Re: -current lockups

On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 04:32:00PM +0200, Sheldon Hearn wrote:
> > I am also experiencing total wedging on disk activity (vi foo, was one)
> > on a SCSI system since I updated late last week.  My May 7th kernel was
> > rock solid.
>
> Was this before or after you posted publically that -CURRENT seemed
> stable and that "now is a good time to upgrade if you've been holding
> back"? :-)

This is after.  When I said that, I was happy with the state of affairs
on the Alpha, and the IDE -current build boxes I have.  However, those
machines don't see as much use as this machine that is now locking up.

However, those boxes were panicing often before I made that statement.
So I still believe current is now in better shape than it was in June.

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)