Date:      Fri, 7 Apr 1995 20:26:43 -0400 (EDT)
From:      -Vince- <vince@kbrown.oldcampus.yale.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Andreas Klemm <andreas@knobel>, J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>, FreeBSD hackers <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: /etc/printcap for Deskjet 500 and gs

On Fri, 7 Apr 1995, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> It would please me greatly to see someone catch this and take it
> the rest of the way towards:
>
> 1. apsfilter-4.9D becoming a full port and package.

	I'm trying to do that now...

> 2. apsfilter having a nice setup screen.  It sould like Andreas
>    has already made a start, and it just needs a little polishing
>    to turn into into something dialog based.
>

> PLEASE!  If everyone could just start including a simple "install.sh"
> script meant to be run by total novices, we could start REALLY making
> this whole install thing hang together in a way that's truly EASY to
> use!

	That's a thought and wouldn't be too hard to do since all the
install.sh has to do is call SETUP and dvips_setup.sh but dvips_setup.sh
is kind of hard to setup and needs some polishing up.

> Remember that a novice isn't just a newbie, it's somebody who is new
> to FreeBSD.  This includes serious hackers who are simply too busy to
> learn how to set up their printer "the FreeBSD way" and would much
> rather just click a button, get it over with and then go on to their
> REAL work.  I'm rather annoyed with people who see this as "dumbing
> down" FreeBSD when it's really just making it much less of a pain in
> the ass to set up! :-)

	I fully agree with you on that one Jordan!  It's just yet a
feature to make everyone's lives easier :-)

> 					Jordan

Cheers,
Vince -*vince@kbrown.oldcampus.yale.edu*-
UCLA Physics/Electrical Engineering