Date:      Wed, 2 May 2001 16:18:17 -0400
From:      Garrett Rooney <rooneg@electricjellyfish.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   linksys wireless access point

since my current wireless access point (an apple airport that belongs to one
of my roomates) will be leaving at the beginning of the summer, i recently
went out and picked up a linksys wireless access point and cable/dsl router
combo.  (model BEFW11S4)

from what i can tell, its a standard NAT box/router type thing, with a
wireless bridge.  the NAT portion works fine with all my computers, but i'm
having some trouble with the wireless.

if i try to connect with my FreeBSD laptop with a Lucent Wavelan card, it
makes some kind of contact (since it figures out the name of the wireless
node, verified with wicontrol), but never gets an ip address from the DHCP
server.  manually setting an ip address doesn't help, as the network is
completely unreachable.

with the same wavelan card, in a windows laptop, the wireless works perfectly,
right out of the box.

so far, i've upgraded the firmware in the card, cvsuped to the latest -STABLE,
and messed with every setting in wicontrol i can think of.

does anyone have any idea what i need to tweak (either on the freebsd side or
on the access point) to make this work?

--
garrett rooney                     Unix was not designed to stop you from
rooneg@electricjellyfish.net       doing stupid things, because that would