Date:      Sun, 14 Nov 1999 12:17:21 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Christian Weisgerber <naddy@mips.rhein-neckar.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Colour coding

Christian Weisgerber wrote:

> Richard Oyh <richardoyh@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >   I was playing around with Slackware and Redhat before I switch over to
> > FreeBSD. I remember that by amending a file in Linux, the shell will show
> > all directories, files and executables in different colours.
>
> Hideous.

	This kind of commentary really isn't helpful. If you don't like the
option,  you're free not to use it. However denegrating other people's
choices doesn't help anything, and contributes to the perception that
new users who post to -questions will be harped on.

	Personally I use the color options in gnuls, and have for years. I like
the display, and I like being able to see at a glance what everything
is. I keep intending to try colorls, just haven't gotten around to it.

Doug
--
"Welcome to the desert of the real."

    - Laurence Fishburne as Morpheus, "The Matrix"