Date:      Tue, 25 Mar 1997 22:52:45 GMT
From:      Tony Kimball <Anthony.Kimball@East.Sun.COM>
To:        bad@uhf.wireless.net
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OSS

Quoth Bernie Doehner on Tue, 25 March:
: How stable is 3.0-current (my only choice would be to install it on a
: production machine)?

I hear reports of NFS problems.  I don't use NFS.  I've been
rock-solid stable since 970314.  I suspect vm leaks, but I never
actually avoid rebooting long enough to know for sure -- usually I
rebuild and reboot at least once a week.

: Has the network device driver changed
: (again?)? Is there a list of core programs/objects that I'll have to deal
: with if I upgrade to 3.0-current?

Just make world, eh?  I've had much less bootstrap trouble going from
2.2 to 3.0 qua current than previously in going from 2.1.5 to 2.2 qua
current.