Date:      Wed, 8 Nov 2000 08:58:57 -0500
From:      "Troy Settle" <troy@psknet.com>
To:        "Mark Newton" <newton@internode.com.au>, <peter@virtual.sysadmin-inc.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: odbc connection for ms access clients?

This would work if the customer's machine was up on the 'net all the
time and easily accessable by the FreeBSD server.  Somehow, I don't
think the original poster had this in mind.

What I've done in the past, was to create a MySQL database for the
customer to use.  Then, through MyODBC, the customer is able to
manipulate their database from Access.

If you are talking about publishing an Access database to frontpage
under unix, you're SOL, it's not going to happen.  If you have a lot of
demand for frontpage/database sites, I'd reccomend that you invest in
Windows2000 and MSSQL, or educate your users to use MySQL and Perl/PHP.

--
  Troy Settle
  Pulaski Networks

It's always a long day, 86400 doesn't fit into a short.