Date:      Sat, 15 Jul 2000 22:22:22 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "James A. Mutter" <jmutter@colltech.com>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: network install HOWTO

Great work on the Howto - I've used it to setup a test environment and
so far everything is working well.  I recommend it to others who are
looking for a quick start guide to automated network installs of
FreeBSD.

Now - I've checked through the man pages of the fxp driver but I didn't
find an answer to this.  Is there a way to control the NIC settings from
FreeBSD?  Specifically, I'd like to switch the boot setting on the NIC
from "Network" to "Local" after the install is completed.  Is this
possible without human intervention?  Is there a plan for this
functionality?  If not I can try write something myself.

Thanks to everyone who has made this possible,
Jim