Date:      Wed, 20 Aug 2003 15:20:40 +1200
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   /usr/local/jdk1.4.1/jre/lib/security/cacerts

Hi,

I'm trying out my hand on Java+SSL, and have discovered that:

    /usr/local/jdk1.4.1/jre/lib/security/cacerts

is only 32 bytes long. This can't be correct; shouldn't it have the CA
for people like Verisign and Thawte? I substituted it with one I got off
a Windows box (which was about 11k big), and that seemed to work fine.

Is this a packaging bug? Or some deliberate thing I don't know about?

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
                        "Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive."