Date:      Fri, 03 May 1996 16:10:23 -0400
From:      Jonathan Salz <jmsalz@oakland.edu>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Linux vs. FreeBSD as Web server?

Howdy!

In the next few weeks I'm going to be setting up a Web server, probably
running Apache. I'm not quite sure, however, exactly which of the
various UNIXes to run it on: I'm quite familiar with Linux, but I hear
that its networking code is inferior to Free386, whose networking code
has been around much longer and is much more stable.

Would anyone have any information as to whether the pros and cons of
running Free386 or Linux (1.3.x) as a Web server -- or where I could get
such information? Not trying to start a flame war here, just need some
information. :)

Thanks!

--
         www