Date:      	Fri, 7 Apr 1995 19:44:01 -0700
From:      tom@haven.uniserve.com (Tom Samplonius)
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Using IP aliases

  I've experimented with using the "alias" param to ifconfig in order to
assign an additional IP address to an interface.  I've found that if you add
a new address in a differnet subnet, arp stops working for IP addresses
published by a local terminal server.  If you ping one of the published
addresses, it won't work, and doing a "arp -a" will show the IP address and
hardware address of "Incomplete".  What's going on?

  BTW, I'm using 1.1.5.1, but I may be able to try with 950210-SNAP tommorrow.

Tom