Date:      Tue, 09 Jul 1996 19:02:41 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        Mr Operating System <freebsd@shadows.aeon.net>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A couple of problems!!

> > > If you read the -current email, you'd know that you *must* first do a
> > > 'make bootstrap' in the lex diretory first.  So
> > >
> > > # cd /usr/src/usr.bin/lex
> > > # make clean
> > > # make bootstrap
> > > # make
> > > # make install
> > >
> > > It'll work fine from then on.
> >
> > and when it doesnt?
>
> Then you aren't running current.

I wasn't aware that the lex Makefile directly supported the "bootstrap"
target in any release of the OS, but right you are!  I guess someone
did add bootstrap to lex. :-)

So ignore my previous advice - I guess the poster really isn't running
-current and running the global bootstrap rule won't help him.

That's it, I'm going to stop answering questions until I've actually
got the time to research them again first. :-)

					Jordan