Date:      Thu, 19 Jun 2003 17:20:28 -0400
From:      David Gilbert <dgilbert@velocet.ca>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Booting vinum.

So the release notes say that you can boot from a vinum partition.
They don't give any details (raid 5 support, etc) and neither does any
of the documentation that I've managed to track down.

So ... I'm using a hard disk to boot while I put vinum on all the
drives in the server ... blissfully figuring that something will
magically work.

Would someone point me at the right documentation for booting from
vinum ... or at least at some hints?

Dave.

|David Gilbert, Velocet Communications.       | Two things can only be     |
|Mail:       dgilbert@velocet.net             |  equal if and only if they |
|http://daveg.ca                              |   are precisely opposite.  |