Date:      Sun, 21 May 2000 12:27:57 -0700
From:      "PathFinder Software" <normand@pathfindersoftware.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Lost boot sector

Hi,

I have installed Linux on a second hard drive but it looks like
it wipe out the boot sector for the FreeBSD 4.0 that reside on
the first bootable hard drive disk.

How do I restore the boot file?

In Linux they use the LILO module where you can add OS that you
would like to choose from at boot time and one of the question is
"Kernel to boot" where many choices are available. How do I
identify the FreeBSD 4.0 kernel in the list? Could it be
vmlinuz-2.2.14- 15 mdk?

Also can I boot from a floppy? I'm I to use the Kern.FLP disk? If
yes at what point so I exit out to get to the system prompt or
boot: prompt? Do I need to insert the MrsRoot.FLP since I am not
doing an installation.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Normand Charette