Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 2006 22:44:38 +0100
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@flat.berklix.net>
To:        "D.Mella" <dm3lla@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on DVD

"D.Mella" wrote:
> Good Afternoon,
>
> I'm new to freebsd, and I'm really excited about this whole new world.  I've
> been reading, and looking on the internet, and I'm wondering why there isn't
> a freebsd downloadable version in DVD.

Bandwidth costs money to net providers. Lots of a DVD would not be
needed.  Sponsors of BSD still hope to make some money selling DVDs
& donating from profits - we hope.  There's various 600M cdrom
images for various releases & CPU architectures  on all the many
mirrors of ftp://ftp.freebsd.org One or two CDs is all you need to
do a basic install, after that many use the net.

PS simple questions are best posted to questions@freebsd.org please.

--
Julian Stacey.  BSD Unix C Net Consultancy, Munich/Muenchen  http://berklix.com
Mail Ascii, not HTML.		Ihr Rauch = mein allergischer Kopfschmerz.