Date:      Thu, 31 Jul 1997 09:50:31 +1200
From:      C.R.Harding@massey.ac.nz
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: security hole in FreeBSD

Guy Helmer wrote:

> It was a nice surprise six years ago when I provisioned a 56Kb
> digital circuit from USWest and its monthly cost was 1/3 of the
> monthly cost of the 9600-baud analog leased line it replaced.  I
> wouldn't be too surprised if that 56Kb line has now been replaced by
> a higher-speed frame relay circuit for not much more money...

Must be nice to live in the US! :-) Remember the Internet !=
Domestic US and In some parts of the world data lines are still very
expensive. Dialup continues to have it's place, and over a dialup
link UUCP is the most efficient method of transfer for bulk news &
mail.

						-- C.
--
Craig Harding   Acting Director, Massey University Television Production Centre
     "I don't know about God, I just think we're handmade" - Polly