Date:      Mon, 2 Sep 1996 21:28:46 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Michael Beckmann <petzi@zit.th-darmstadt.de>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.org, isp@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Cyclades 8 Port ISA problems

> It looks like the second cd1400 which controls the second group
> of 4 ports is broken or nonstandard.  The driver probe checks up
> 4 cd1400's per full cy device and gives up with no warnings when
> one seems to be not there.  Then only the previous ones found
> are configured.

I found out that it is probably configured for a wrong IRQ. The card is
set to IRQ 5 , if I correctly interpret the switches (I don't know which
I/O address, however, because I don't have the docs). However, the driver
which was configured for IRQ 10 found the card there. This is weird. I
had been quite sure that the card was configured for IRQ 10, so I didn't
recheck. I will try it again tomorrow with different driver settings. Will
report again then ;-)

Michael