Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 2002 13:43:39 -0700
From:      Darren Pilgrim <dmp@pantherdragon.org>
To:        Alex Michlin <alex@delete.org>
Cc:        Eric F Crist <ecrist@adtechintegrated.com>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Disable Login

Alex Michlin wrote:

> I remember seeing a FreeBSD advisory on a bug in login.  Now, for the
> real story... What is behind this is: I just downloaded the latest Saint
> version and ran it against a server.  It said there login was vunerable.
> I'm not sure how it knows if there is a bug or just information (but it is
> listed under the critical section).

What was the login method?  Telnet?  SSH?  rsh?

I just looked at the entire list of FreeBSD advisories going back to
1996 and there aren't any for login (login is a specific program).
What was the advisory number?

There have been FreeBSD advisories on both telnet and ssh, perhaps
that's what you saw?