Date:      Tue, 8 Dec 2009 20:10:02 +0200
From:      Nikolay Denev <ndenev@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   accessing geom stats from the kernel

Hello,

I have a small four SATA bay machine (HP ex470) which I'm using as a NAS =
with FreeBSD+ZFS.
It has four dual color leds for each SATA bay (red and blue + purple if =
lit together)
Which I'm controlling either from userspace by writing data to the =
enclosure management ioport,
or recently I've made a kernel module which uses the led(4) framework =
and exports the leds as device nodes in /dev.

What I'm wondering now is, if there is an easy way to access geom/disk =
stats from in kernel and make the leds
flash only during disk activity, without having to do it in userspace?
=20

--
Regards,
Nikolay Denev