Date:      Sat, 22 Jun 2002 16:55:04 -0700
From:      Graham Wheeler <gram@bradygirl.com>
To:        phessler@theapt.org
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Panics when booting 4.6-STABLE

The build was done with:

make buildworld buildkernel installkernel installworld && mergemaster

The modules are all up-to-date.

I have isolated the problem to the ESS Allegro driver module; the Cisco
Aironet driver does not cause any problem.

This module had a different problem in older versions (a couple of months
back) - it did not work after a cold boot. Instead I would have to boot
Windows, and then reboot FreeBSD to get it to work. So things seem to have
gone from bad to worse.

gram