Date:      Thu, 19 May 2016 16:09:09 -0700
From:      Ngie Cooper <yaneurabeya@gmail.com>
To:        Glen Barber <gjb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>, freebsd-pkgbase@freebsd.org, FreeBSD Release Engineering Team <re@freebsd.org>, secteam@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Followup on packaging base with pkg(8)

On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 1:31 PM, Glen Barber <gjb@freebsd.org> wrote:
> Dear FreeBSD community:

> Thank you to everyone who supported this effort, and we hope you will
> continue to support and test the forward development of packaging the
> base system with pkg(8).

Thank you too both bapt and gjb. This is a non-trivial effort to
achieve and what's been done so far is a really good first milestone.

I think it's a good idea to get beta feedback for 11.x... It'll allow
the design to get a wider audience and allows it to get some runtime
beyond CURRENT, that way it can mature and improve before too many of
the pieces are put in a place that it'll be hard to change once things
have been setup in a production way.

Thank you again!
-Ngie