Date:      Wed, 8 Apr 1998 12:15:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      William Bulley <web@merit.edu>
To:        jonz@netrail.net (Jonathan A. Zdziarski)
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Unix-PW

According to Jonathan A. Zdziarski:

> Is there any way to get ascend-radius to work w/Unix-PW?  I noticed
> there's no authfile or anything to set it up with.  I'd like to have the
> system use the users file for one realm and the password file for another
> realm, or have it check users, then fallback to the unix password file.

I don't believe that older version of Ascend's RADIUS server has
any concept of realms.  That concept is unique to the Merit AAA Server.
The Merit AAA Server was NOT written by any "group of students" BTW!  :-)

Regards,

web...

--
William Bulley                     Senior Systems Research Programmer
Merit Network, Inc.                Email: web@merit.edu

[ Reuters, London, February 29, 1998: Scientists have announced discovering ]
[ a meteorite which will strike the earth in March, 2028.  Millions of UNIX ]
[ coders expressed relief for being spared the UNIX epoch "crisis" of 2038. ]