Date:      Sat, 25 Mar 1995 18:29:30 -0800 (PST)
From:      Terry Lee <teren@lyria.stanford.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
Cc:        hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: httpd as part of the system.

> 1. httpd.  I don't really know which variant is best, though John Fieber
>    (our Docmaster) has a preference which I'm perfectly happy to follow
>    (I think it's the CERN httpd).

Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone.

CERN seems to have more features, but my experience so far is that there
are many many more NCSA httpd installations out there.  This can be a
serious problem since administration can be quite different on the two
systems.  If you want to raise httpd to a standard component, I'd
recommend NCSA since it seems to be the more standard standard.

Best regards,

Terry

I N T E R N E T        Terry Lee, Technical Director
D E S I G N            745 Stanford Avenue, Palo Alto, California 94306
G R O U P              415 424 0747 voice    415 424-0751 fax
http://www.mall.net    terryl@cs.stanford.edu    http://www.mall.net/terry