Date:      Fri, 21 May 1999 10:35:47 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Igor Roshchin <igor@physics.uiuc.edu>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Multihome support ?

Hello!

Does the 3.x-STABLE support multihoming nicely ?
(i.e. having two different network cards/interfaces connected to different
networks/ISPs)
How is the decision made by the kernel as to which interface
to use for outgoing connections ?

IIRC, in the old days people had to hack the system code to be able
to have a multihomed host.

Altimately, I am looking for a solution which would allow to have
some kind of "backup" network connection that can work automatically
when one of the networks is down, or connectivity to some particular
outside network is bad.

Any pointers and advices are appreciated.

I appologize if this should've been sent to a different list (like questions)
in that case, you can respond directly to me.

Thanks,

Igor