Date:      Thu, 17 Sep 1998 20:28:55 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Doug Russell <drussell@saturn-tech.com>
To:        Daniel Harris <hogie@nettalklive.com>
Cc:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>, Karl Swartz <kls@ohare.chicago.com>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: more data on "calcru: negative time: -nnn usec"

On Thu, 17 Sep 1998, Daniel Harris wrote:
> > installed -STABLE on a 486DX4/100 and I get all kinds of calcru: negative
> > time ... messages.  I don't think the machine even knows what APM is.
> We had a Dell Workstation 400 (Dual PPro200) that had this problem.  We
> had APM disabled along with all the funky stuff that Dell's might have.
> Recently that machine was replaced with a system with an all scsi drive.
> When we brought it back to the office to change to a MS SQL server for
> development, NT would not install on it because of "Hardware Problems".  I
> have a feeling that problem is related to the machine having calcru
> messages in the log files.  Maybe this is a hardware problem with other
> machines also?

Hmm.  NT works just fine (a tad slow on the 486/100, but it works.)
FreeBSD seems to WORK, it just spews lots of calcru: messages on the
console.  :)  I acidentally toasted the BSD install on that drive
(accidentally rm'd usr from / instead of /usr/obj/...oops :) so I will
need to re-install.  Perhaps it will fix itself, but I'm not holding my
breath.  The box is being K6ed shortly, so it doesn't really matter, but I
might want to use it as a router or something.

Later......						<Doug>