Date:      Fri, 21 May 1999 11:53:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dispatcher <dispatch@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        igor@physics.uiuc.edu (Igor Roshchin)
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Multihome support ?

Igor,

Multihoming has worked just fine since the 2.2 days (which is as far
back as I've used FreeBSD, so I can't talk about anything earlier.  ;)

I have used both OSPF and BGP for automatic fallback.  Other people
use rip.  You exact choice depends on your situation.  If you have two
56k modems, you probably don't want a full BGP feel down each.  ;) If
you have a T1+ down each link, and if your upstream can support it,
and if you have enough memory, I'd recommend BGP.  Other people will
tell you that BGP sucks, however, so YMMV.

If you just want rip, you can use the built-in routed.  If you want
something more sophisticated, use gated from ports.

And yes, this is probably more appropriate for -questions.  But we're
not *that* uptight over here.

==ml