Date:      Fri, 21 Sep 2001 18:53:38 +0930 (CST)
From:      Jarrod Sayers <Jarrod.Sayers@unisa.edu.au>
To:        jason andrade <jason@dstc.edu.au>
Cc:        Gregory Bond <gnb@itga.com.au>, <freebsd-hubs@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: www.au waaay out of sync

On Thu, 20 Sep 2001, jason andrade wrote:

> Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 10:15:11 +1000 (EST)
> From: jason andrade <jason@dstc.edu.au>
> To: Gregory Bond <gnb@itga.com.au>
> Cc: freebsd-hubs@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: Re: www.au waaay out of sync
>
> On Thu, 20 Sep 2001, Gregory Bond wrote:
>
> > [I hope this is the right forum to mention this, I couldn't see anything that
> > looked more appropriate, nor could I find an email address for the .au mirror
> > admin.  I'm not on this list either!]
> >
> > www.au.freebsd.org is seriously stale wrt the master site.
> >
> > Consider:
> > 	http://www.au.freebsd.org/news/newsflash.html
> > (last entry dated Oct 2000) cf
> > 	http://www.freebsd.org/news/newsflash.html
> > (last entry dated Sep 2001)
>
> i've contacted him - if i don't hear back in a couple of days, i'll
> talk to the freebsd.org dns admin(s) about changing delegation.
>
> there's a few changes that need to happen in au.freebsd.org

Changes have been made ive noticed.  Can someone tell me who I should be
contacting bout getting cvsup# and www# aliases made, ive tryed for a
while now and no responce from the .au.freebsd.org admin.

Also:
builder# host www2.au.freebsd.org
www2.au.freebsd.org is a nickname for www3.au.freebsd.org
www3.au.freebsd.org has address 203.17.49.68
www3.au.freebsd.org has address 203.17.49.68
builder# host www3.au.freebsd.org
www3.au.freebsd.org has address 203.17.49.68

Should there be a review .au zone?  Seems like there is alot of covering
up from old/shutdown/outdated servers and attempts from people genually
concerned and able to provide quality mirrors are going unnoticed.

I run the only known (appologies if im wrong) mirror in South Australia -
freebsd.unisa.edu.au, WWW and CVSup (FTP only carries the ISO images).

Just my $0.02 ex GST.

Jarrod Sayers
Information Technologist
School of Communication, Information and New Media
University of South Australia, Magill Campus.
Phone: +61 8 83024045
Fax: +61 8 83024745