Date:      Fri, 04 Feb 2000 11:53:09 -0800
From:      Parag Patel <parag@cgt.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG, Christopher Masto <chris@netmonger.net>
Subject:   Re: Still no luck with Linux Framemaker under FreeBSD

On Fri, 04 Feb 2000 14:34:22 EST, Christopher Masto wrote:

>I've also not been able to get it to run, under -current.. I think it's
>the same symptoms.

Sure looks like the same problem I have.

Perhaps it has something to do with DNS or other config file?

I run here with Linux's host lookup first in the file then with DNS.
There is no YP stuff enabled anywhere.  I've turned it all off in the
Linux nsswitch.conf and yp.conf as well.  FBSD's /etc/resolv.conf is
setup to always use a name-server - there is no linux version.

It may help to compare the config files on the systems that work.  I'd
be happy to give someone a login here to see my config and compare with
your working one.  (Or use a login to your machine and compare your
setup to mine, but I can't ask unless I'm willing to offer.  :)

(BTW - I decoded my ktrace output file using the linix_kdump port.  It
now matches the NetBSD output up until the crash.  Sigh.)

	-- Parag Patel