Date:      Tue, 12 Oct 2021 11:48:06 +0200
From:      list-freebsd-questions@jyborn.se
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Is there a way to get direct execution of java jar files in FreeBSD?

I want to start a java jar file from inetd in FreeBSD 12.

It seems I need to do this with the command java -jar xxx.jar,
since I can't find a way to get direct execution of jar files.

The java -jar method works fine, but the problem is that xxx.jar
needs to know the IP address of the connecting client, and it should
get that via the function System.inheritedChannel(), but it doesn't.

Could it be that the java -jar start method in inetd doesn't transfer
the client socket to xxx.jar?

Anyway, that's why I wonder if there is a way to start xxx.jar without
java -jar.

Thanks!

Peter