Date:      Wed, 22 Jul 1998 09:20:55 -1000
From:      "Randal S. Masutani" <randal@comtest.com>
To:        john@ece.arizona.edu (John Galbraith)
Cc:        Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>, Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, FreeBSD-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: new GPIB driver

On 22 Jul 98, at 9:07, John Galbraith wrote:

> OK.  I was hacking on it yesterday here at work and found a few things
> I need to look at that I discovered with the higher end equipment that
> I have here.  This week I am going to put two cards in the machine and
> really try to tweak the performance also, although I think my code is
> useful even if I don't quite get the transfer rate that I want yet.
>
> Give me a couple of days to absorb the feedback I have received from
> the mailing list and write some documentation (and fix a couple of
> bugs 8-) ).  I will then send you my code, and hopefully we can work
> together making sure that remaining bugs are few and far between.
>
> Thanks for the enthusiasm - it is nice to know that others are
> interested in one's work!
>
> John

Thanks John.  I will be glad to work with you on your driver.  My
customer has signed the non-disclosure with NI for their TNT controller
chip and will hopefully get some docs soon(but I've been waiting for over
a month now. Very typical of NI I suppose.)

I need to have NI 488.2 library interface for the project I am working
on.  Currently I am only required to implement about 10 functions from
NI's library and that's all I have time for, due to my deadline.  I am
currently working on getting it working with Freds code.

>From your last email I take it that you haven't implemented any of NI's
488.2 library calls?  So do you have a similar interface to Freds code?

Randal