Date:      Tue, 08 Dec 1998 14:28:40 -0700
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Error message generated by pppd

I'm running a small system that uses pppd to field incoming calls and
connect callers to the Net. It's running routed, and IP forwarding is
enabled. However, whenever a caller connects, I see an error message in the
log: "ignoring RTM_ADD without gateway".

The system IS acting as a gateway, and callers can get through to the Net
just fine. What does the error message mean? How can it be avoided so that
it does not clutter up the logs? Is it indicative of a configuration
problem? Please respond to me as well as to the list, as I am not currently
subscribed.

--Brett Glass