Date:      Thu, 31 Aug 1995 12:02:35 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.FreeBSD.org>
To:        price@earth.corp.cubic.com
Cc:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 7850 motherboards

>A slew of Pxxx motherboards are hitting the streets that contain built-in pci
>adaptec aic7850, I repeat 7850, controllers.  These are quality boards with bu
>ilt-in adaptec bios.  They save the PCI consumer a couple of hundred dollars b
>y not
>having to buy a scsi controller.  I have used these boards successfully with:
>OS2, WinNT, Win95, Netware 3.x-4.x, Dos.
>Linux does not work.  FreeBSD 2.0.5 does not work.  Consumers would like to kn
>ow i[it,if] FreeBSD will support the adaptec aic7850 controller that these boa
>rds are
>using. dp

If you send me a MB, I will make it work.  It took less than two weeks for
me to get our sequencer code working on the aic7870, I would expect less
for the aic7850.  You can contact me at Walnut Creek CDROM (1-800-786-9907)
if you're interested.  I would, of course, send the MB back to you as soon
as I was done with the work.  The MB would have to have a CPU in it of some
sort though, since I don't have any spare.
--
Justin T. Gibbs
  Software Developer - Walnut Creek CDROM