Date:      Wed, 1 Mar 2000 14:07:58 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Steve Hovey <shovey@buffnet.net>
Cc:        John Flowers <John.Flowers@botcc.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Certifications

On Wed, 1 Mar 2000, Steve Hovey wrote:

> > On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, John Flowers wrote:
> >
> > > Where do I go to find classes to be certified in FreeBSD.
> >
> > 	Short answer, there aren't any. Longer answer, it wouldn't mean
> > anything even if there were.
>
> You are making that smart person mistake - those of us in the trenches
> realise that certification courses are waste (Ive known several certified
> stupid people) - BUT business is a game, and non-techie managers need
> something to go by to feel they are making a good hire choice, and
> unfortunately buy into the cert thing.

	I didn't say it wouldn't be useful. I said it wouldn't mean
anything. I was feeling particularly grumpy last night. The original
questioner has already rephrased his question and got quite a bit of good
advice, so my job is done here.  :)

Doug
PS, the answer to the real question is, "Install it, use it, learn it,
live it, love it."
--
"Welcome to the desert of the real."

    - Laurence Fishburne as Morpheus, "The Matrix"