Date:      Thu, 5 Jun 1997 11:46:36 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Hetzels@aol.com
To:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Can FreeBSD and Radius be used for a CyberCafe?

I am setting up a new Internet Business in my area.  This business would
consits of a CyberCafe and Dial-Up Internet access.

My Solution for the Dial-Up access is to use the Livingston PM-3 with a
Radius Server for authentication.

The CyberCafe would have 10 workstations running either Win95/FreeBSD.  My
only problem is how do I autenticate the CyberCafe users? Can Radius be used?

How do I autenticate users on theses workstations using Radius?

What OS should I use on the workstations (Win95/FreeBSD)?

Is there Radius Client drivers for Win95?

Can FreeBSD act as a Radius Client to allow users to login to the
workstations?

My Ideal for the users home dirctories (using FreeBSD) was to have one server
export a NFS volume, and the 10 workstations would all mount it.

Would I need to set up a common password and group file for all 11 computers?

Your help is appreciated.

Scot W. Hetzel