Date:      Wed, 20 Mar 2002 15:09:32 GMT
From:      Richard Tobin <richard@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
To:        java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mozilla core dump with plugin

> Just curious, what methodology did you use to track this down ?

"Reading the error messages".

It turned out that Mozilla was printing out a stack backtrace before
dying, which I didn't see at first because it was going to /dev/ttyv0
(I started mozilla from a twm menu).  It was fairly easy to track down
the function in question, and then it was just a matter of staring at
the code.

It would have been a lot quicker if I could work out how to rebuild
just the (very small) relevant parts of the JDK after making an edit,
rather than waiting while it does a bunch of Java compilations.

-- Richard