Date:      Fri, 9 Oct 1998 17:11:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Pomegranate <daver@bigwoop.vicor-nb.com>
To:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        daver@bigwoop.vicor-nb.com
Subject:   DPT Raid Controllers

Hello.

I'm implementing Raid-1 on some of our servers and have been looking into
different options for FreeBSD support. I have read good things about the DPT
controllers, but fail to see any real recommendations for model numbers and
so on.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions/preferences for model numbers? I
want a simple, hardware solution for Raid-1, simple mirroring. I have a DPT
Sx4030 card to evaluate but it seems that the board may be DOA. Am I on
the right track?

I noticed that folks claim DPT has FreeBSD support, which is why I'm
interested in their products.

Any help would be much appreciated.

dave